Forum Classics

Top 5 Ways we could make this board better

Posted by Validus2006 on March 21, 2002

5) Never, ever, ever again respond to a post with "Barner!", "Moo", or "31-7". If there is a post that deserves one of those responses, ignore it. Rival fans that come to post here do not come here to argue about facts, or to try to change our minds. They come to get a response. They post, then sit there hitting refresh waiting for someone to chime in with a hateful post. Why people get kicks out of this, I'll never know, but they do.

Sometimes, people that cheer for Alabama make posts that look like rival "stir the pot" posts (I won't call them fans for obvious reasons). Again, if you ignore them, they will go away. Now, if you want to debate the issue with them, do it via email. If they won't speak via email, that means that they don't really believe what they are saying: they just want to make a show.

4) Lay off the smart aleck, subject only replies. I always hate to see when someone posts something harmless and two or three people chime in by saying, "Why should we care?" or "Yawn." Your momma told you that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Listen to momma.

3) If you want to criticize a player, stick to athletic performance facts and opinions. Leave out name calling. Here's an example. I'll use one of my favorite players (Sam Collins), as to not appear negative.

GOOD WAY TO DISCUSS SAM'S ROUTE RUNNING: I noticed in the game last week, Sam had trouble getting separation from the cornerback on crossing routes. It appeared that he was rounding them off a little, which may be the reason that he was having this problem. I believe that with his hands and speed, if he could nail those routes, he could become a dangerous prescence over the middle.

BAD WAY TO DISCUSS SAM'S ROUTE RUNNING: Does Collins not know how to run a route? If not, I'm sure we can find someone that does with that scholarship. If I were the coach, his butt would be on the bench until he learned how to play the game.

2) Lets cut down on the conspiracy theories. I grow weary reading how the sports editor of the Podunk Times-Herald has an agenda, and how we should bombard his email inbox with hate mail. If you haven't noticed, the Podunk Times-Herald is probably just wanting people to read it, and they don't care how. Papers have one agenda: to get readers and make money. If you think an article is bad, don't read it.

1) No more witch hunts for AU and TN fans. As I said above, if you hunt them down and harass them, they're just going to hang around that much longer. Leave them alone, and like a bad cold, they will go away.

All of this, of course, is only my humble opinion.