Forum Classics

Mama called

Posted by Bama in Ky on February 03, 2002

Those are the two words that Paul W. Bryant used to describe his love and devotion for The University of Alabama. When asked why Bryant was leaving Texas A&M to go to Alabama and have to start a rebuilding process all over again, Bryant simply stated "Mama called". Enough said.

On Friday, February 1, 2002 "mama" called again. However, this time she didn't just call one single individual, she called a vast majority of people. If you are an Alabama football fan, whether you attended UA or not, you have been called. You have been called to support the University of Alabama's football program like no other time before. Clearly this is a critical time for support. We need a laser like intensity in our support.

At this time I honestly do not know what is the best way to support this program. But, I know one damn thing for sure. I have been called and I will not let "mama" down. See you in Bryant Denny on A-Day.

p.s. To all of the SEC, there will be a reckoning that will have to be dealt with in the future. In the words of Joe Namath: "I guarantee it".

Roll Tide Forever!