Forum Classics

LJS Class of 2005 Super Sixteen...

Posted by LJS Law on December 24, 2003

First, the caveats..

I am just a fan and not privy to nearly enough information to make an accurate list at this early point. I just wanted to throw these names out there so those of you who do not follow the recruiting wars as obsessively as I do can have a working knowledge of a handful of names. Again, there will be names not on this list who may top it by May and there will be names here who may fall off the list very quickly.

Following two very good years in Alabama, next year is a dip in the cycle. Its the least talented class as a whole since 1996 in my opinion at this point. However, Alabama consistently produces talent so I feel some of these guys will develop further and other late bloomers will develop over the Spring and Summer.

If anyone feels I have left someone out who is deserving, please feel free to comment below. Now, on to the early, early, early list....

1. Tommy Trott, TE/DE, Montgomery-Presbyterian, (6-4,235): An athletic big kid with soft hands on offense and a nice motor on defense. Father played for Auburn.

2. Anthony Dunning, OG, Coffeeville (6-3,330): Huge kid whose footwork may limit him to offense.

3. Antonio Coleman, DE, Williamson (6-3,220): Highly productive player with a nice motor but is a bit of a tweener. Needs to get bigger.

4. Chad Kilgore, QB, Oakman (6-3,215): Threw for 2300 yards as a junior and is listed at 6-3 so he will get plenty of looks. Stock could shoot through the roof at summer camps.

5. Charles Hoke, TE, Briarwood Christian (6-8,215): Has as much upside as any kid on the list. Needs to develop physically and become a good blocker. Has an NFL frame and NFL hands.

6. Gabe McKenzie, TE, Mobile-Davidson (6-3,230): Huge upside. Stock could soar with a nice performance at summer camps.

7. Evan Caldwell, OT, Brooks-Killen (6-4,283): Very nice size and comes from a solid program.

8. Wes Davis, OG, Southern Academy (6-3,300): Small school kid. Awfully big and stock could rise at the camps.

9. Timothy Hicks, RB, Washington County (5-8,187): Intruiging kid who is a powerful runner in a compact body. Runs bigger than he is. Probably 4.6 speed. Very productive.

10. Kerry Major, WR, Gaston (6-3,180): Nice basketball player. Can leap and has nice hands.

11. Montez Billings, WR, Pelham (6-0,190): Stock could shoot through the roof with good 40 times this summer in the camps.

12. Brandon Moore, LB, Deshler (6-0,205): Real productive, gritty player that lacks some physical tools but makes a ton of plays.

13. Jamar Rothchild, FS, Thomasville (6-3,200): Great frame and nice overall athleticism.

14. Vann McCloud, LB, Montgomery-Carver, (5-11,190): A playmaker uniquely built for the LB position. First team 6A all state as a junior.

15. Terrell Smith, DB, Clay-Chalkville: Could play multiple positions. Productive player in a good 6A program.

16. Undrea Smalls, RB, Marbury: Small school back who has put up very good numbers throughout his career.

This list will change rapidly as I gather more information. I will post periodic updates if anyone is interested. I look forward, as we all do, to Rodney's reports on members of the Class of 2005 shortly after Signing Day.

Merry Christmas.