Afghanistan Care Package

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by TideGeek on October 21, 2002 at 10:22:31:

First, thanks to Simon for helping me get copies of tapes to send to our fellow Bama fans who are serving the US in Kandahar, Afghanistan. These tapes will help keep a great group of Bama fans in touch with home, in touch with the Tide, and will certainly go far in relieving the daily monotony they are certainly enduring in their efforts to keep peace in Afghanistan. Thank you Simon!!!!

Below is a letter which I am sending to as many Bama fans as I can. Anyone interested, please feel free to respond. Thanks, and ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

Attn Bama fans:
I am getting together some items, including game tapes which Simon is supplying, and sending them to Lt. David Hawkins, who is working with a Major Ellison in Kandahar to maintain peace and order. I have been involved with a group from Gridscape who have been sending gear (mostly Tennessee, but some Bama and Auburn gear as well) to the soldiers stationed in Kandahar. I received email from Lt. Hawkins (whom I had not previously met) indicating that the Bama fans were feeling alittle “left out” with all the orange and white running around Kandahar, I assured him that a “Bama-Only” package was on its way, and it most certainly is.

I am trying to get everything together prior to this weekend to deliver to Knoxville, where it will be placed on a Military Transport heading for Kandahar, and delivered sometime next week. Any help you or others could provide would be greatly appreciated, and I encourage you to forward this email to anyone who might be interested in helping.

There are 13 soldiers Lt. Hawkins is concerned about. We need to get them decked out with Bama caps, pennants, magnets…whatever we can send with Crimson and White, and stories, newspaper clippings, tapes etc….ANYTHING BAMA, and ANYTHING that will give them a sense of connection with home, and for our appreciation.

Please have anyone respond to geek@ilovebama.com

Thanks, Roll Tide, and God Bless America!

A Selected Book from Amazon.com:
Crimson Coronation
Other selections.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Username:
Password:
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail: