Click Here

Simon, urgent help needed. (m)

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Catch 22 on November 18, 2003 at 21:39:34:

Simon,

I have had the opportunity in the past to get some videos from you, and I truly appreciate what you do for all of us.

My son's best friend is named Andrew. Andrew's father was called to active duty last January and has been overseas since April. For the first time since January, he was able to get leave and got home last night. He has been in Iraq the last several months, primarily living in a bunker between Baghdad and Tikrit.

I spoke with him a few minutes ago and he talked about how much he missed everyone and how much he has missed the football season. They have been able to get a few games on the satelite, but not many.

He mentioned that they had DVD players which brings me to my request for you.

Is there any way you can rush me a few games on DVD? He is there with a lot of guys from Alabama and I know they would love to sit around and watch a few games. It would be a great surpise to give them to him before he heads back. He has to begin his return in 13 days.

I would love to get the '79 Sugar Bowl, Coach Bryant's 315 against the Auburn, the '92 Sugar Bowl and the '85 Iron Bowl. It would mean a lot to me to send him back with these to help him through the tedium until he gets home for good this April.

Is there any way I can get these in the next week or so? I will be happy to pay what ever you charge for the videos plus the express shipping costs. I know that you have a full time job and do this as a service to us Bama fans, but your help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anyone else should be reading this, please keep Randy and all our service people in your prayers. No matter what our political opinions are, let us all remember that these are real people with real families that are overseas sacrificing for our country. Pray for their safety.

Thanks.

A Selected Book from Amazon.com:
Bragging Rights : A Season Inside the SEC, College Football's Toughest Conference
Other selections.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Username:
Password:
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: