Forum Classics

Dennis Franchione, December 21st, 2012.......

Posted by JimL on September 02, 2004

"I'd like to thank you for coming out on a very cold afternoon. It's great to be here at Minot State to accept the job as the coach of the Fighting Beavers. I'd like to introduce you to my wife, Kim. As you can all see, I can really recruit. Hubba hubba. We're really glad to be here. When Kim stepped out of the car, just before she slipped on the ice, and looked at the 47 acres of tundra we call a front yard, she said, Dennis, this is finally gonna be my pinebox house, if we can dynamite the permafrost enough to bury me here.

It's a real pleasure to be back in small college football. In all my stops on the way, from Pittsburg State, to SW Texas St, to New Mexico State, to TCU, to Alabama, to Texas A&M, to Kansas, to St. Cloud State, and finally here, I feel like I've learned a lot. For one thing, I bought stock in North American Van Lines. For another, I learned that once you get on the big stage, it gets harder to fool people.

Anyway, like I said, it's great to be a Fighting Beaver. My father-in-law was recently disinterred so we could add to his wardrobe. He now sports an Alabama Jersey, an A&M cap, a "Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk" pin, a St. Cloud Husky doll, and the newest addition, a beaver hat from your very own student bookstore. it looks a little funny, but we know he would have wanted it that way.

So hold the rope, and let's get Beaver football moving again. I plan on making this my last stop. And this time, I really mean it. Thank you."